Saturday, February 28, 2015

OLS13 - Details

Thanks so much to all of you who took time to play along with our "You Blend" challenge. There are so many fabulous details to choose from that the DT has had trouble narrowing our Details post to just a few.

Susan's Picks:




Kesnija used gold spray to unite her gold-embossed sentiment and her pretty pink stenciled frame.




Maura used white embossing and three fab colors to create depth and interest on her lovely card. I also like how the black flower spills out onto the white.



Kimberly used such vivid color and white embossing to make this dramatic and pretty card. I love how the color bleeds up into the white.

Paper Learning Curve- Grá O'Neill: Clearly Besotted Stamps Brushed Poppies, Fabulous Fuchsias

Grá claims she made a mistake stamping her flowers, but she rescued it perfectly. Note the most excellent background, which she added freehand.

Ardyth's Details:


OLC Flicked Distress 001

Ingrid's bold choice of colours makes this card really pop!



Karin's stunning watercolour butterfly is a perfect example of blending!



Marianne's dramatic night sky is given real perspective by her detailed frame!

Heather's Details




It is impressive how Maura's few blended colours give the forest such depth.



Lee Ann has created a dramatic image by placing contrasting colours side by side with a thin but bold black line to divide them.



Claire's beautifully blended and layered circles almost look as though they are floating across the the white background.



Karen's Details

A Symbol Of Peace

Ashwini's card really shows how motion can be created using watercolour inks.

 IMG_6168

Sarah Jay created this super cute and fun card...love the way she arranged them all into a heart.




Shirley created this beauty which looks like a watercolour garden.




Thanks so much to everyone who played along with OLS14 You Blend!

9 comments:

  1. Thank you very much for choosing my card! And a big congrats to all the other winners!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout out, I Love this challenge and congrats to the other wonderful selected cards!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan, thank you for selecting my card, I enjoy playing along, it's always a challenge to make one-layer card ;) Congratulations to all the winners!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting - thanks so much for the shout out Ardyth! :) I loved all the cards this month, it was such a colorful group! Congrats to everyone who entered and played - everyone is a winner. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan and Heather, Thanks so much for choosing one of my cards to feature. I can't tell you how much that means coming from you - 2 of my "heroes" of card-making! I'm honored!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the shout out, Karen! Congrats to the other featured players - fabulous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for picking my card Heather! I never find one layer cards easy so you made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for choosing my card, Ardyth! Congrats to the other winners!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for choosing my card, Ardyth! Congrats to the other winners!

    ReplyDelete